Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015 “There can be Miracles, if you believe!!!‏"

"Sister Hunt & Me" Sister Missionaries’ are wearing what? We like to tell people if you like it then you should put a ring on it!
 #thanksbeyonce 
#lawofchastitylessons
Companion: Sister Hunt
Hometown: Mesa, Arizona

Snail Mail:
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Dear Family & Friends,
      Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to start! (as usual) This week has been very bittersweet. Tuesday, I had to take Sister Hulet to the mission home. That was soooo hard! I bawled all the way there, attempted to calm down, and then bawled with Sister Jenkins aka my rent-a-companion the rest of the day. Sister Jenkins and I were so emotional it was weird! Figured out the next day we both had a monthly gift #madesense….. but anyways we had an emotional breakdown on the freeway. We just wanted our “dead” companions back! We wanted some food too, so we cried about that. We both wanted Panda Express and the GPS kept pulling us to the Mall of America's Panda Express. Only problem is that we aren't allowed to go to that mall. So we cried some more. Then we stopped and prayed. The next thing we know we found a Panda Express right next to a McDonald’s!  I got my Diet Coke at Mickey D’s, because Panda is Pepsi and no one likes Pepsi! Then we went in Panda and I realized that Panda was where Sister Hulet took me after we first met!!!! I lost it totally….. bawled!!!! hahaha anyways that was fun. But, we did get to see some really great people while in Bloomington.     
“Me and my fave Elders! Elder Ford who lives in Sandy and went to Jordan,
 and Park Lane and Elder Esquivel. Elder Ford was Elder Esquivels District Leader,
 now Elder Ford is in Lake Nokomis as the Zone
 Leader for the past 2 transfers!
Yeah I’ve grown an inch but I am still short 5'4, probably!”
    
      By Wednesday morning we had finally calmed down. It was so fun being able to go to such a big transfer meeting! I am always entertained by other missionaries, especially when we are in such a large group! Transfer meeting was so great.  I got to see a bunch of my missionary friends from past areas. I also got to see Elder Esquivel from my MTC District!! That was fun to be able to see him after such a long time. He hasn't even been transferred once!  Haha!! That as you know, is very different than me  #travelinggypsy. We got a picture together and caught up, so that was good. He helped Sister Hunt move her bags; he’s still nice like that! (remember he helped me on the bus and at the airport with the world’s largest suitcases!)

      I was so relieved when I met Sister Hunt. She is from Mesa Arizona. Sister Hunt has been out 7 1/2 months so we are both pretty new at this whole thing. She really is meant to be my companion! She is such a wonderful missionary, and she is so funny! She was kind of quiet at first, but now she’s hilarious! She laughs ALL THE TIME; it’s so cute.   I love when she bears her testimony. She is the most sincere person I have ever met! I am so excited to see all the adventures we have ahead of us! Sister Hunt is so nice! Did I mention she is so funny!?!  Every morning she wakes me up by spraying an empty mustard bottle with a yellow string in it in my face!  It freaks me out every morning! We have had a lot of fun getting lost, and singing in the car. This whole “I took over the area thing” is really hard.  But I know we are doing Heavenly Fathers will no matter what :) This will be a good transfer. I just know it.  

     Aww, I have been reading about my little Ammon and Aaron Missionaries! They really are quite the guys with quite the names :) I highlight their names every time I see Ammon or Aaron in my scriptures!

      Well can I just say there can be miracles if you believe?!? I have told you about the sisters we have been teaching. We nicknamed them “the girls”. The "girls" whose mother is very less active, came downstairs for a lesson! She expressed to us that she is “going to give us a shot at this thing”. She said she needs to get herself moving in the gospel so that her daughters will! We are so excited to teach them as a family! I know that prayers have been answered and miracles really do happen!

     If you remember anything from this week, remember this:  There CAN BE MIRACLES IF YOU BELEIVE!  I hope ya'll have a great week!

Love ya'll to the Moonisota and Back!


Seester Ashlee Young

No comments:

Post a Comment