Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016 “The Lamb of God”#hallelujah

"Christy & me"



Area: Shingle Creek Minnesota
Companion: Sister Natasha Neville
Hometown: Bakersfield California
Snail Mail: Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Email: ashlee.young@myldsmail.net

Hi All,

The rest of the week......

Thursday, March 10, 2016:
This morning we all made the "Kodiak Pancakes" that Mom sent me in the mail a little while ago! They were super yummy! We put bananas and peanut butter on them! #delicious. After studies, we went to Nikki & Christie's for a lunch lesson!  Sister Neville made Taco Soup which was really good. We made whoopee pies for dessert….. so that was super yummy! We talked about their reading assignment which was 1 Nephi 4…. which they not only read but they comprehended it as well! So, that was a huge miracle! Afterwards we stopped by a referral that was pretty rude; it upset Sister Neville so that was a bummer. Later on, we saw the cutest little puppy! It made me miss my Maggie! We also saw a hideous naked cat... oh, and we saw some green blooms come out of the ground! Those things made our day good again! We then saw John, Martha and the kids. We read 3 Nephi 12 with them. Our last appointment of the day was with our other recent converts Isha & Fefe and their little brother Jamal.  They are so fun! Jamal reminded me a lot of Ammon! It was cute! He was playing catch with me and snuggled up next to me on the couch! It made me excited to see the kiddos again! When we got home we did our usual shenanigans with las Hermanas’!
Friday, March 11, 2016:
           Nothing too exciting happened during the day today. We had weekly planning which is  always......ya.  Good news is, we had dinner with la familia Selguero! They are so cute! Brother Selguero is in the Bishopric and Sister Selguero is in YW. They are both from Guatemala! I kick myself all the time because I don't know Spanish very well! I am going to learn it when I get home. We had amazing food! Afterwards, we went to “The Lamb of God” with las Hermanitas.  Sister Yonalley drove us to the performance at the Ted Mann concert hall in Minneapolis! It was so crazy to see so many people from past areas and past companions! The Lamb of God was amazing! Seriously, I am so grateful we had the opportunity to attend it! A miracle happened while we were there! I was saying hi to some peeps from past areas and I looked across the hall and I had to do a double take.  I saw Sister Brooks from Stillwater!!!!!! I was so happy! I hugged her and we were able to chat a little bit.  I was able to get her phone number so I can call her when I get home!

Saturday, March 12, 2016:
 Not much success with today’s finding... We saw Benetta Robertson which was good. She is awesome! She shared a lesson with us. It was really nice to have it be flipped around lol! I learned how to crochet today as well, so that was neat! The Hermanas’ had to go on exchanges with some other sisters because someone has the flu or something like that.  So we were home alone at night and in the morning which felt so weird.

Sunday, March 13, 2016:
Today we had church! Church is just so much better on a mission in my personal opinion! I just get so excited to go and partake of the sacrament! Then on top of it to have investigators come and feel the Spirit, is just amazing! We had the awesome opportunity to go to “The Lamb of God” again with our gators. We just couldn’t find a ride to it though. We tried calling everyone in our ward and no one could take us.  I had the genius idea to call Christy to see if she could give us a ride! Guess what! She totally did! Once again she saved us! She is my personal guardian angel! I appreciate her so much! We had awesome seats on the 2nd row. We could feel the sound waves. It was awesome!!!! 

#hallelujah

Love you to the Moonisota and back!

Sister Young














The naked cat!









No comments:

Post a Comment