Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016 "2016, the Year for Miracles!"



"15 months!"




Area: Anoka Minnesota
Companion: Sister Kaitlyn Richardson 
Hometown: Sammamish, Washington
Snail Mail:                                         
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715


Email: ashlee.young@myldsmail.net

Hey Everyone!
This week has been so great! We were able to pick up a new investigator named Olivia. She is 8 years old. She was a referral from a member in the ward. Her older sister and mother are members of the church. We taught her “The Restoration”.  The Spirit was so strong. We invited her to be baptized. She accepted and set a date for January 16, 2016! We are Soooo excited!!! This is what we have been praying for.  A new
"Sister Jaklin & me in Elm Creek"
investigator, and finally we have found one!  We have also been able to meet with Mckenzie this week.  She told us that she has read the Book of Mormon a little bit since we last came to see her!
I also went on “exchanges” with Sister Jacklin in Elm Creek.  It was pretty fun because we were able to teach an active lady named Sister Carter. The Spirit was so strong as we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ! It was a super spiritually filled lesson.

New Year’s Eve we went to Sister B and Pat's home with the Andover Elders; Oldroyd and Dygert. We had so much fun as we played "spoons" and "BS". At midnight, we all had a Martinelli's toast to ring in the New Year! We then went to Elm Creek to have a Zone wide Sisters sleepover! It was super fun, but I was so so tired after staying up late…. ha-ha! It was super fun! In the morning we left and then met up with Christy and Breanna for lunch at Texas Roadhouse! It was so nice to be able to see them and catch up!


"Me and my Angel Christy"
Isn't it so crazy I hit 15 months!?! I can't believe it! I wish the time would slow down! There is so much I want to do here before I head back to the 801!

Wonderful news! My dear Pat decided to quit smoking again!  Please keep her in your prayers as she tackles this difficult trial. Sunday we had dinner at the Warrens home. Their baby is so cute! He is 3 months old. It kills me that we can't hold babies! Seriously it's kind of torture....So if anyone has a baby when I get home can I hold it? Jk; but really! Any ways we had a great lesson about the gospel of Christ. A less active girl and her nonmember boyfriend were there.  It went great! The Spirit was so strong as we testified of the Savior.

I really love being in Anoka and being a missionary for my Savior.  I love sharing the gospel with those who haven't heard it. I love so much that I am having the opportunity to love so many people.  I also have to admit that I absolutely love my companion Sister Richardson and the goofy Elders Johnston, Fabrizio, Oldroyd and Dygert! Seriously they are like the little brothers I have never wanted ;)

Speaking of brothers, I am so grateful for both of mine. As it was Riley's death anniversary of 29 years yesterday, I couldn't help but think of how grateful I am for the plan of happiness.   The joy I feel from knowing I can see him again and that we can be a complete family is so comforting and brings hope to our family. I am so grateful I can share this message with the people of MN so they don't have to feel the sting of death.  Christ atoned for our sins, died and was resurrected so that so we could live again with Him as
"New Years Eve with Sister B & Pat ! "
families!  I know this is where I need to be.

I am so grateful I have the privilege to be a part of Gods army. I love you all and appreciate all you do for me. Remember to rely on your Father in Heaven. Strengthen your relationship with Him as much as possible this year. Here is my favorite quote from my studies this week. It may be my new motto for this coming year.  Choose to Be Happy: “So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment. … We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude." -President Thomas S. Monson

All I can say after that is Amen. #choosehappy


President & Sister Forbes #goals
Love you to the Moonisota and Back!


Sister Young



Elder Johnston modeling Pat's new chair!


"Ha-ha!"





Elder Johnston & little puppy!


"Elder Johnston & 2 puppies!!"


"New Years Eve party!"











No comments:

Post a Comment