Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015 "ET...no phone home...."

Happiness is......
Companion: Sister Hunt
Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
Snail Mail:                                          
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Hey There! 



Watermelon my favorite!
       So, to start off this week’s email I have some bitter-sweet news. Saturday night Sister Hunt and I received a call from the AP's. They informed us that President was doing some emergency transfers "ET's" this upcoming Tuesday at mission conference. They told us that it would affect our companionship. The AP’s then continued to tell us that Sister Hunt would be leaving to go serve in the Cedar Lake Area; aka the Crystal Ward with Sisters Taito & Sister Pack.  I was told by them that I would be staying here.  Sister Coleman who has only been out one transfer would be coming here to Lake Nokomis with me and that I would be finishing her training. So I am becoming a "Step-Mom". We were in shock!!  I immediately started to cry because Sister Hunt and I have gotten so close. She really is like my sister. I didn't want to be separated from her.  I have no idea how to train a new missionary. I was (and still am) very scared for the changes happening tomorrow. I got down on my knees and I prayed to my Father in Heaven and asked him to give me the comfort to know that there is a reason for this ET and that I would be okay. I asked Heavenly Father that I would have the strength and the courage to help this new sister be the best missionary she can be. I felt a sense of peace and calm come over me. I know that my Heavenly Father is there for me. I know that He and my Savior will help me throughout this change.
Monday: We were at the mission home all day again picking out lice. I hate lice. We have washed our bedding and towels in hot water to kill the lice a few times at the mission home. We are tired of the lice and we need to get rid of it. Sister Forbes was so cute! She gave us some yummy salad for lunch.  She found a chocolate cake in the fridge and so she cut it up then we went and delivered cake on a platter to the mission office. It was so fun!
Tuesday:  We helped a member, Sister Showley, with a project at her house. We cleaned her basement shelves that had lots of mice droppings all over. We even wore hospital face masks to do it so it was quite the experience. After helping her we helped plant more flowers at Salvation Army with Elders Fuller and Hughes. When we got there, there was a protest going on but we just ignored it. Sister Hunt and I were a little scared that something crazy was going to happen. However the protest didn't last long - which was good. Later in the day we saw “Mom” and Debbie and read the scriptures with them. Debbie said that she and Louis really want to get back to church for themselves even though they were offended. She said to call them to wake them up on Sunday. That night we had dinner with Desirae. It was Nana's birthday so we celebrated it with them. She turned 3! We had a lesson with Desirae's friends that were there.
Wednesday: We had a lesson with Hope at 7:30. We showed her the 20 minute video of the Restoration. Charity was there for the lesson so it was good.  Most of the day we weren't feeling the best; so we just took it easy. 
Thursday:  We had our district meeting. The Elders gave Sister Hunt a blessing because her stomach was hurting again. That evening we found out that Desirae’s daughter Tiffani (age 12) went missing, so we helped Desirae look for her. We were so worried that she was going to do something dumb but she didn't. She left her house at 5:30 and got home at 10.   I guess she needed to go for a walk but it worried all of us. The Elders also helped us look for her.
Friday:  We saw Sister Page and did some service for her. We also saw Summer and had a good lesson with her. 
Saturday: We did some tracting but didn't have much success with that. We saw “mom” again. We also saw Desirae with the Elders.  She has a lot going on right now so it was good to be there to support her.
I received an awesome letter from Allie this week! It made my week so much better. Keep me in your prayers as I start training! I love you all to the “Moonisota and Back!!!”
 Love,

Look Mom, I'm eating gluten!
Sis. Ashlee Young
My Minnekiddo's
We love our girls
Love these little angels

Here's two cute boys I can hug!
Here's two cute boys I can hug!


Minneapolis at night
"Nana's Birthday!!"

X 2

"Our Planners!"
Minneapolis night time....beautiful!
Now that's a smile!


We "heart attacked" the Graff's
We love them so much!

Love is spoken here

No comments:

Post a Comment