Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015 "Aloha!!"

Shark bait.......oh, oh, ha, ha!
Aloha!


Companion: Sister Hunt
Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
Snail Mail:                   Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715




Hey ya'll!
        Hope it's been a great week for you!
This week was not as eventful as last but hey I'm not complaining :) This week Sister Hunt and I met up with Elder Ford and Fuller downtown to do some service for the Salvation Army. We planted flowers in the “garden” or what it really looks like the cigarette butt dirt. It was really fun though!
"Salvation Army" service project
Catch the irony?
Transfer meeting with best Elders!
Ford and Esquivel! Don't worry I am
wearing heels.......I haven't grown
that much! 
After we went to lunch for one last time with our Eldorado’s to Arby's! Man we are going to miss those two! They really work well together! We had Sister Teucscher come with the 3 of us to be her rent-a-companions while Sister Roberts went to the MMM to die! I can't believe she is already home! So crazy! We had dinner at Sister Wetzel’s and had a great chat about the scriptures! After that we went over to see the girls and had a great lesson. While we were there, we took some fun pictures in the yard! We then went to Mykea's.  She is having surgery on her toe and wanted the Elders to give her a blessing. 

This guy told us to "sit, and turn around"
and we were like "okaaay".......It was
like an awkward family photo
Wednesday morning we went to transfer meeting.  President and Sister Forbes were in Salt Lake for a conference, so Elder Stacey conducted the meeting.  He is so great! He said he was going to give us a lecture because he's a Seventy now and he can do what he wants…. hahaha! He gave an analogy of Lebron James and playing in the NBA to Missionary work!  He talked a lot about our calling as missionary’s in the Latter-days. He wanted us to know who we truly were. It was a very humbling experience. It reminded me of the quote called my “Missionary Commission.” I felt so spiritually fed after that. We said adios to Sister Zimmerman and to Elder Ford. We said hello to 
some of our MTC buddies! After that Lucianne called and needed some help setting up her garage sale.  So, off we went to go help her.  I helped Sarah take apart her loft bed to sell. Guess what? I actually figured out how to do it!!!  After, Lucianne  made us a delicious dish for helping her! She's a

great cook! 

Lucianne's yummy food!
       Thursday, we went and taught Hope and Charity in the morning.  She asked if we could come 

Baby Bird 
back later and help her do some stuff in the house.  We said; “ yes ma'am!”  So, we left and went to see Desirae and had a lesson with her about Patriarchal Blessings! We hope she will have the desire to receive hers soon. Her kids found a nest on the ground with baby birds. They took them in their house and were caring for them. They were so tiny! I held one! After we went to Charity's again and helped move some furniture and spackle the walls.  Then she asked if the Elders could come move some furniture to the garage. So, Elder Fuller and Elder Hughes came to the rescue and carried a big hutch into the garage. We then went to Bishop's meeting and had a great time. After that we went back to the girls’ house and had a lesson with Faith, Summer and Shania while painting their bedroom!! It was a lot of fun!
       Friday, we went to Feed My Starving Children as a zone. I love doing service there! We packed food for children in St. Lucia! We then did our weekly planning,  and then we had a lesson at
Triplets @ FMSC
Lucianne's house with Sarah and Annika. Annika is doing well, but I don't think she really is ready to take the next step towards baptism.  That is sad, but I will keep praying for her and meeting with her. Eventually over time her testimony will grow on its own.
       Saturday was a special day. Not! We were itchy again,  so we checked our hair... Lice again! Sister Hunt had 18 live bugs in her hair!!!!! EWW! We called President and Sister Forbes and asked what to do. They told us to come to their house, so we went. We washed  our clothes, sat in the yard and just picked out
My hair is bugging me!
lice all day long!!!! Sister Hunt picked eggs out of my hair for 4 hours!!!!! Only found 1 live bug so that's good.  Hopefully,  I am getting rid of the stupid things!!! We had lunch with the Forbe's, then that night we had a dinner at the church. The youth in the ward have been planning a fundraiser for camp. So we went to a LUAU! It was so fun! The Fuluvaka family was in charge of the food. It was so good! There were some leftovers after, so we were able to take some rice, pulled pork, teriyaki chicken and other yummy Hawaiian foods home!  It was so much fun!  They had a lot of
We got leftovers......Mahalo!!!!!
different decorations and activities.  The best was Kathryn taught the ELDERS and us how to do the Hukilau dance! IT WAS HILARIOUS! 
         Sunday, we had church. We had a great lesson in Relief Society about the Book of Mormon and it sweeping the Earth like a flood. We were asked to go up and share a message for 15 minutes explaining what we teach about the Book of Mormon. I was nervous, but I think people were able to feel the spirit. We had President's fireside which Summer was asked to speak at! I was so proud of her. When she told her story to the congregation we went right up front so she could see us so we could support her! Charity told the other two girls to move so she could sit in-between her Sisters! Haha…. she is great. She is like another Mom to us here in Minnesota! Summer put me in tears. I was so excited for her. She was so cute and came up to me and was like; "Sister Young, I felt it! I felt the spirit prompting me to help a resident! "(she is a nurse) I told her that was amazing and that she feels the Spirit a lot but now she is learning to recognize how the Spirit speaks to her!
Having a little fun.....

I am so grateful that we each have the opportunity to have the gift of the Holy Ghost with his companionship if we are worthy and are obedient to God's commandments. I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Him. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his beloved son, Jesus Christ. I know that if we take Moroni's challenge (Moroni 10:3-5) and ask our Heavenly Father in prayer with a sincere heart and REAL intent that HE WILL manifest the truth of it unto us by the power of the Holy Ghost. When you do this He will testify it is true!  This is Christ's true church here on the Earth today. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 

I hope you all have a blessed week!!!!
Sister Hunt made Charity a
snowman made out of
SPACKLE!!
Love you all to the Moonisota and Back!!!
Hawaiian temp. tattoos!
Sister Ashlee Young
Chocolate shakes......reward for our
hard work! We are weirdo's.

Creepy Green Bug!






Lice in my hair is not nice....
Especially since, this is twice!Talk about taking one for the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment