Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015 "Obedience - Walking the Straight & Narrow!"

"Walking the Plank"
or as a missionary would say:
"Walking the Straight & Narrow!"
Companion: Sister Hunt
Hometown: Mesa, Arizona 

Snail Mail:
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Dear Family & Friends,

      This week Pres. Forbes sent us an inspirational email on obedience. I know that as I have strived to be exactly obedient that my mission has been blessed. I know that the Savior set the perfect example for us to follow Him and to be the best missionaries we can possibly be. I know I have a long way to go but I am getting closer each and every day. I pray that I can be as exactly obedient as possible while I am on my mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father's precious children here in Minnesota. I want to do everything I can to help them come closer to Him. I understand that I can only do that when I am being the best I can be. This week has been full of fun things. I am so grateful that I have been able to come on my mission and have fun while doing the Lord's work!  It is work, it's exhausting and sometimes difficult but it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done!  I am so grateful to have a wonderful companion like Sister Hunt to make me laugh every day and feel the Spirit while doing it. I have honestly been so blessed to have such wonderful companions! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to serve in the best mission, with the best President, best areas, and best companions ever!!! I am truly blessed.
"At Church March 15, 2015"

     The highlight for lessons this week would have to be our 12 year old investigator. She is so prep
ared to be baptized on the 20th! We taught her The Gospel of Jesus Christ this week. The Spirit was so strong!  Sister Showley came with us to teach her. She was able to share her testimony with her. Members honestly make such a huge difference in lessons!  When I return from my mission I am going to go teaching with the missionaries, because having that 3rd witness brings such a strong spirit into the lesson. It also totally helps our ‘gators connect with the ward even better!

     So I don't have a ton more time today because it is ZONE P-DAY BABY!!!!!! We will be watching “The Saratov Approach” as a Zone. Then we are doing a selfie scavenger hunt and eating of course! Then later we will be going to see the “girlies!” You asked for more info. so to finish, I am going to give you the highlights from the past week.
Here we go!
"District Lunch"
-Cute Ann Pettit sent a “heart attack” in the mail with scriptures! What a doll! 
-We had dinner with Sister Stacey. She is soo cute. She is going to be our mission mom; she is da best!
-We saw "mom" with all of the Elders. She fed all of us a 2nd dinner….. we were so sick after!
-We went to “Feed my Starving Children” again and our table packed 45 boxes, woot woot!!
-Sister Callicutt fed all 6 of the Lake Nokomis missionary’s dinner. It was super fun!
-Visited the Walkers and had cornashin for dinner! A small chicken like bird haha !!
-Went to B-Dubs of course as a district
-We ate at Sister Wortleys home with her kiddos
"Sister Hunt makes me feel the Spirit!"
-We taught the girlies
-We visited the psych ward with the North Elders... it was crazy!  lol get it;)  I thought they were going to lock me in there! It honestly was creepy. We had to go through a lot of security things. (I kept thinking about Taylor!)
-We had dinner with Des and the Chidlets
-We cleaned Sister Page’s house and then she took us to Taco Bell
-I woke up at 5 am on “spring forward” but it really felt like 4am on Sunday that was brutal.
- FHE with Sister Kraus and her twins….. that was fun
-We visited Sister Stacey at her house for a bit about some YW stuff :) She is adorbs!!
-We cleaned our apartment really well since we are moving at the end of the month
- Did I mention we cooked a lot this week, #sickofdoingdishes
-On Sunday, we invited and they all showed!  7 investigators to church!!!!!!
-The temperature was 43 outside so we didn't wear our coats, had the windows down and enjoyed the warm weather :)
Well, I have to go.  I love you both to the MOONISOTA AND BACK!!! TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK!
Love ya!!!
Seester Ashlee Young


SNAIL MAIL ME, MUAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@











"Lake Minnihaha Falls-Frozen"
"Lake Harriett"



"Bro. & Sis. Walker are the cutest!"




"Minnihaha Falls"
Cold....



Ya-hoo!!
"Ducky"








"Kissed a Seal or Sealed with a Kiss!"


"The Twin Cities"


"The Girls"


"A Bit Blustery"

No comments:

Post a Comment