Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014 Sooo Blessed!! No regrets coming!!

Area: Stillwater
Companion: Sister Kitterman
Alma 7:23
 Sooo Blessed!!  No regrets coming !!
Hello Everyone!
This week has been so great!!! Thanksgiving was good, but I actually got a little home sick.  I have so much to be thankful for. At Thanksgiving dinner we went around the table and said the “A, B, C’s” of what we are grateful for. Sister Monical fed all of the missionaries in our district.
We decorated Gma Severijng’s home for Christmas. It looks like Clark Griswald did a number on it! I went crazy with the lights! She said her apartment is going to burn down!!
With Thanksgiving this week, I am so thankful for all of you who are supporting me. You are truly amazing people, thank you!  I know that Heavenly Father has called me to do his work. I am so grateful for your testimonies and continual love and support for me. You have truly strengthened my testimony, and my love for the Savior and his work!! Thank you!!!!! Please tell people in the ward sorry I don't write them back fast, I try to write my family in the short time they give me.

We are truly blessed here in Stillwater, our members and investigators are all so wonderful!!! We just love them to pieces!!!! We have really been focusing on our most progressing investigator, who is getting baptized on December 13th!!!! One of our goals for her this week was getting her mom to sign her baptismal record. As we have been praying for her and her family, we felt confident that everything with her mother would run smoothly. As we taught her a couple of times this week we set up a time to go see her mom and get the paper signed and answer any questions she may have about her daughters decision. As we knocked on her door her mom was there and she was thrilled to see us!!! She said that her daughter is so excited to be baptized and she talks about it ALL THE TIME!!!! We then asked for her permission to have her be baptized and she was more than thrilled to sign the paper!! We asked her if she had any questions or concerns and she said no, because she can tell that this is changing her daughter for the better!!! We were so happy to hear that from her mom!!! Hopefully as she keeps progressing her mom will allow us to teach her too!!!
We had an 8 year old boy be baptized this past Saturday. We wanted to invite our candidate for this month to come and see an actual baptism so she knew what it would be like for her in two weeks!! We had to convince her older brother to drive her to Hudson for the baptism.  We ended up bribing him saying we would buy him an ice cream if he drove. Of course he said yes! When we were at the baptism, her brother had a lot of questions that we were able to answer during the baptism. It was so neat to see both of them light up when they saw the cute little guy baptized!!! Her brother said he would be happy to take her to her baptism and stay to watch!!! As we left the baptism and got them ice cream we knew that he will be a prime gator, he just needs his sister to take the first step and share her testimony with him. We know that she will be the key in her family coming closer to Christ.
John Axtell is all over my area book.  It’s funny, I looked through the Watsons family scrapbook and John was in it! Lol!!  In the area book under one person he wrote “you need a magic wand to get into that apartment!”  Hahahaa!
 Good for Madie! She will be an awesome missionary! It will be interesting to see where she goes……..Tell her to start doing the schedule NOW INCLUDING STUDIES!!!!!
I am so thankful for all that I have learned these past 2 months being on my mission!!! People are so crafty here, everything is homemade ha-ha!! (Just like Ann said) ha-ha! On Friday I was sick... so was Sister K. hopefully we don't have the flu.... awk!!! I ate goat this past week. I think that is what made me sick the next day. The Osborne’s took us to the Lowell Inn for dinner yum yum!!!The funniest thing is when Minnesotans try to say “bag” like we do lol …..They have no idea how funny they sound……Seriously accents here kill me, but I must have one too, cuz they all think I’m from the south???
On a serious note we have seen victims and people suffer like I had never ever seen in my life. It is sad to see first-hand the effects of abuse, hunger, poverty, financial issues, even “hoarding”….. Just like on the show “Buried Alive” literally! (There are dead cats in some houses I think....) There are people starving, people actually scrounge for food here.
 I have no regrets coming out!!! I know that this is where I am supposed to be serving the Lord. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Savior Jesus Christ and that through him I can live with my Father in Heaven and my family again for eternity. I love you and wish you a happy and safe week!!
Love,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment