Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014 In COTTAGE GROVE "cHaNgEs"




Email address: ashlee.young@myldsmail.net 
 Snail Mail:  Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
                     5931 West 96th Street
                     Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Area: Cottage Grove
Companions: Sister Pao & Sister Callister

Dear Family & Friends,
  
This week has been full of changes. As Sister Kitterman has been sick this week, we stayed in. I am grateful for the opportunity we had to spend so much time together. When we got the news that she would be going to the mission home we were both very nervous.  Then, later that day the Mission President called and told us she would be going home the next day. He also said I would be closing Stillwater.  I didn't know if I could handle a mission without my partner in crime.

Sister Kitterman and I have honestly become best friends. I have no idea how I have gone 19 years without her. She truly taught me everything about how to be the best missionary for the Lord's army. She has truly been my mission "Mom" and I am sad she has to go into a "coma". (Mission Lingo if you leave early sick you go into a “coma”, you “die” when you go home from your mission at the end)  I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us; most of the time it seems to be more surprising than we expected.

I am grateful for the Cottage Grove Sisters, Sister Pao & Sister Callister. They are my new companions as of Saturday night December 13. We are now a Trio! President Forbes is still praying about the situation, I don’t know what will happen…… let’s be honest I am a hard one to figure out!

 Sister Callister has been out 16 months and Sister Pao has been out 15 months. They are both “Grandmas” taking care of a “new born”.  (editor note: Strange MMM Sister lingo!) They are truly amazing STL's.  I am so grateful for them and for their love and support they have given me throughout this tough change!

Update on our investigators: Our 13 year old scheduled for baptism on Saturday went missing Friday night. Her Mother called the police and no one has seen her since then. She was not baptized this week unfortunately. Please keep her in your prayers so that she may return home safely. I know she has a strong testimony of this gospel and that she truly wants to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God.

I have honestly never been so exhausted in my life. It really has been quite a week. Definitely crazy……. but whatever it’s all part of Heavenly Fathers plan.

I have loved every second that I have served in Stillwater. I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve with such an amazing companion, the Hudson Ward, District, and investigators!! Stillwater will always have a very special place in my heart.

This week I have been trying to see things the way the Savior would. Seeing Sister Kitterman so sick was truly heartbreaking. She is the most dedicated person and missionary I have ever met. As I have had to help her with simple things such as walking, standing, ice packs, medicine and so on, I have realized how much the Savior must have loved us to suffer all of our pains, afflictions and heart aches.  Seeing my companion so weak and down was really hard. I know even when she felt alone and I felt alone that the Savior was with us and stood by our side the entire time. I know my Redeemer lives. I am so grateful for him. I owe him every breath I breathe and I will do my best to wear “His Name” with honor.

We had a Zone Conference this past week and I loved hearing from my Mission President and his wife.  What I learned most in Zone Conference was actually from the movie we watched, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Picking that movie to watch was truly inspired. This past week has been so crazy I have been able to think a lot and have realized the impact someone can have on others lives.

Just like George Bailey, Sister Kitterman and I are leaving Stillwater. I couldn't have imagined what it would have been like without her or without any single person that we came in contact with. I know that Heavenly Father's plan for us is truly divine, and I hope and pray that I will always remember that!!! I hope all of you have a safe, happy, and healthy week!!!

Love you,
Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment