Monday, October 20, 2014

"MMM-Minnesota Minneapolis Mission-1st area Stillwater, Minnesota"

  My First area
 "Stillwater Minnesota!!!!
"President &Sister Forbes"

October 20, 2014
"Mission Home in Bloomington to Stillwater"
  Hey y'all!!! 

My life has never been this crazy!!! Sorry that I didn't get to finish last week’s email, but I am working on it.  Mom will you please send that one out next week?  Ha, ha, oops....... I am scatter brained, but what's new?!? I am here, and I am safe and sound!!!
Tuesday October 14, 2014/ Wednesday October 15, 2014 (Last night in MTC to Airport).
I will put Tuesday "day" in last week’s letter but Tuesday night needs its own spot........so here it is.  So after running around like a bunch of wild jabonies, Sister Turner and I got some laundry done and we went to a devotional. It was so spiritual and we felt all that good stuff. After, we actually got locked out of the building forgetting it was locked so we couldn't get back in, and then I am so grateful our Elders! They came out of the devotional then went to the bathroom and as they walked by where they could see the door we were at,  we pounded on it and they looked and saw it was us and busted up laughing and came and let us in!  We were like "you are an answer to our prayers!!!"  Elder Esquivel and Elder Oliver saved us from literally kicking down that door and from freezing!!!
 After that excitement, we had a district prayer. Then we went to the office to pick up Sister Turners package, it was HUGE!  IT LOOKED LIKE THE SIZE OF A PERSON!!!! It was from her boyfriend....... he sent a "party in a box" seriously it was adorbs...... they are totally going to get married after their missions!!! We then got our laundry and headed to the laundry room which we broke the rules to do, (which is no bueno) we were in there until 1 am!!!! Sister Woolley gave us Martinellis and we decided to celebrate and drink it while we did laundry.  But then, it just exploded all over my purse!!! Uggghhh!!  How do you clean a leather purse? I am sending it home because it is sticky and smells like bad apples. We felt a little red "neckish" drinking the rest of it straight from the bottle in the MTC, it looked pretty dang funny....but it was a tasty treat! After laundry we ran to our room because it was so scary to be alone there that late at night.... but it wasn't that scary because it IS the MTC; a very safe place.  Next,  we attempted to pack our bags but we were so tired it was ridiculous, so we were slap happy... I have pictures but I forgot my cord today, so you will have to wait till next week... my bad... anyways we took showers and tried to sit on our bags and zip them....... it didn't work out.  The very next thing we knew it was time to go and meet the elders to leave!  We left at 2:45 because we were supposed to meet them at 3:00 am.  It normally takes us 2 minutes to get to the bookstore from our residence, with our bags it took us 20 minutes!  We were crying, laughing and yelling all at one time, we were so out of it!  We didn't even have time to clean our residence....... so we left it with the light on, door open, and a disaster inside.  I felt bad, but you know planes won't wait. The cleaning ladies would just have to roll their eyes at room 153.
            We couldn't pull our heavy suitcases that wouldn't zip by ourselves; but there was no other option. We attempted to get the dumb things in the elevator; almost died doing that, then getting off the elevator was a big disaster too. Our bags tipped over and they were so heavy, we couldn't lift them. Our stuff began falling out, so naturally I started yelling "ELDERS COME HELP US!!!"  We couldn't get our bags up the ramp, so we sat down and just started crying! We were growling, laughing and yelling for the Elders all at once. We made quite a scene..... we will be quite embarrassed when we look back on that day with Heavenly Father.....
 We then had to go over sidewalk bumps and barely made it; next we came to rough pavers for the blind people, and started to bawl. It took us 20 flippin minutes to walk and the dumb Elders weren't there to take our bags and save us, so we were stuck. Finally, we got to the meeting point, collapsed on the ground only to have the Elders walk up with their suitcases. They were all happy, saying all cheery-like "Good morning sisters!".... We had no makeup on and our hair was disastrous!!!  We were "cry laughing"..... it was madness! After we calmed down they asked us if we wanted a blessing.....Why yes; yes I did!! I really needed one. Elder Esquivel gave me a beautiful blessing.  I wish I could remember what it said, but I do remember how I felt and that is what was really important! I will be eternally grateful to him for that...... it really set the tone for the rest of the day and my mission. Thanks Elder Esquivel!!!
            Elder Lowe then gave Sister Turner a blessing and it was beautiful as well!! He is going to be a patriarch one day; I swear that kid is in tune with the Spirit. Then we had to go to the busses. Hurray! The Elders grabbed our stuff..... Elder Esquivel grabbed Sister Turners and my bags.  He is a very kind and generous young man. The other Elders loaded the bags on the bus.
 Sis. Turner and I did our makeup on the bus....We didn’t realize we had the Elders staring at us until it was like real quiet.....they were like what is that for and why do you do that? Does that hurt? Oh my you’re going to poke your eyeball!! We almost died laughing; guys are clueless when it comes to makeup!!!!!
  We then got off the bus and went to the front runner station, where we had to load the dumb suitcases on the dumb train. Thanks again for the Elders; they are angels. Then I fell asleep for 20 minutes on the train. We got off the train in SLC, got on another train, to the airport.  “I love my district”!!!   I had to distribute my suitcase into theirs so I wouldn’t have to pay more! I have a lot of things in those bags!!!
 We almost got through security and of course you guessed it, they stopped me and searched my bag! I accidentally brought my diet coke….. Dumb!  Anyway, we decided to go eat because we were all so hungry. Naturally at 6 am we wanted Cafe Rio. Sooo, we all got Cafe Rio and a DIET COKE WITH ICE!!!!!!!! I WAS IN HEAVEN!!! We had all forgotten what real food tasted like!!!! Bless that restaurant; I love that place!!! After we ate, we went and all called home. It was crazy hearing your voices Mom and Dad!! There’s a lot I wish I could have said but the important thing is I LOVE YOU!!!! Then it was time to go to the plane. As I got on the plane I said, “See ya (801)” and then planes, trains and automobiles, we were off!!!
 The flight attendants name was Maria. Long story short, she felt inspired to give us her contact info, yes!!!!! I gave her my card!! She was excited!!  I was like yeah baby!!!!!!! That was fabulous`!!!!
Then we got off the plane, what the heck..…it is F L A T!!! BEAUTIFUL, but flat. There are lots of trees and colors, but no mountains. There are some hills, but they are smaller than Flat Iron Mesa……..ridiculousness!
 We went to get our bags and were met by President and Sister Forbes!! Oh my heck, Sister Forbes is hilarious!!!! Seriously the cutest lady ever!!!President Forbes is so nice!
We “Sisters” were invited to ride with Pres. and Sis. Forbes.  The Elders rode with the assistants in the van. The assistant’s names are Elder Wilson and Elder Hicken; I called him “Hicken Chicken”. When we arrived at the mission home we got to go meet all the office people. They were adorable! They showed me that I already HAD A BUNCH OF PACKAGES THERE!! Thanks, Mom! We went and made lunch with Sister Forbes…. it was delish. We were able to see the mission home which is very homey….. which seemed nice. Sister Forbes is just adorable.
We next watched a slideshow about MMM and then got all our papers, binders, cards and stuff together. We each met with President for a personal interview.  Following our interviews, we met with Sister Forbes to talk about life and health etc. She is adorable.
BTW, the squirrels here look like they are on steroids! They are huge and they are EVERYWHERE! They also are all sorts of colors.
Not a lot of time left….  We have to go… my comp is Sister Kitterman; I have been assigned to Stillwater, Minnesota. It is a huge area.  We see Sis. & Bro. Osborne a lot, they are cute. Sister Brooks and “Mama Monicale”, Sister Travis & Brother Brack, AKA “Santa in overalls”,   Tica and Kaitlin.  We have so much work here to be done. It is great; I love you all so much! We live in Brother and Sister Schwab’s basement where it is 62 degrees at all times of year, I am already frozen!!

Love you all,

"My Group that arrived October 15, 2014"
Sister Young

I will write more later!
"Here we come, MMM Minnesota Minneapolis Mission!!!"
"Me and Sister Kitterman"-Morning after my all-nighter with "Planes, Trains, & Traxs and Automobiles!"

Mission Home in Bloomington as seen by Google - via Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment