Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015 "Beloved Bette"


Area: Anoka Minnesota "HALLOWEEN CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!"
Companion: Sister Macey Jolley

Hometown: Alpine, Utah
Snail Mail:                                         
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street


Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Email: ashlee.young@myldsmail.net

“Beloved Bette”
So this week...
I chopped 5 inches off of my hair……. yeah it is a lot healthier! We had a lesson with the Yanqoui family so that was good. We talked about the Holy Ghost and the importance of being worthy of His companionship. 
We went to ACBC (the food pantry) which is always so much fun. It was Estella's 8th birthday. We called Yammah’s and spoke to her dad about receiving his permission for the girls to be baptized. He yelled at us on the phone and long story short told us that his daughters don't have permission to get baptized. So that was a big bummer. But, on the bright side Gladys is still on for November 7.
 We also went on exchanges in Medicine Lake. I was with Sister Jacklin. It was a lot of fun. We were able to visit a couple of cute families. We also had Interviews with President Forbes. This was much needed by Sister Jolley and I. We were so happy to receive some counsel from President Forbes. Friday we had our Anoka Ward Halloween "Fall Festival”.  It was so much fun! We dressed up as cats and we had the Elders dress up as mice! People loved it!  
 Saturday we went to go see our dear Bette Rinke as usual. We found out she was put on hospice this week, so we were anxious to go see our sweet "Grandma Bette." When we walked into her room she wasn't sitting in her chair like she normally is. We heard the nurse call us into her room. We went in and saw our sweet little Bette sick in her bed. When we sat down and tried to talk to her the Spirit filled the room.  Sister Jolley and I shared precious time and precious conversations with our dear Bette. Even though she was so, so sick, in the clearest voice she said;   “What are you girls doing tonight?” “Knocking doors?” We laughed that we were what she was worried about! She was such a wonderful missionary. Everyone knew who the Sisters were, and they called us her "girls." I will forever cherish the visits I had with my cute Bette. I don't want to share much more, as I am holding the time, the visits and words with Bette very sacred. Sunday Morning our dear Elizabeth Irene Rinke "Bette" passed away. She was reunited with 2 of her 4 children and her husband. October 15, 1923 - October 25, 2015.  Remember to always “Choose the Right”.
Shout out to Dad for having his birthday! I love you so much Daddy! Thanks for being such an amazing father and example to me! Oh, and transfers... Sister Jolley is leaving….. L I am sooo sad! But, she is going to still be in our Zone. She will be serving as one of the STL’s!!! Sister Mortensen will be my new companion. I am excited to stay here in Anoka and to learn from my new companion.  Sister Jolley has taught me so much. Most importantly, Sister Jolley showed me how to strive to be like the Savior. She is committed to try to truly emulate Him at all times. I loved the time I was able to spend with her! I know we will stay buds forever.

"5 inches off"
Well, I am going to sign off. We are meeting the rest of our District to go bowling and to lunch.
Love you all, of course to Moonesota and back!
Sister Young





"Si for President-2016"  LOL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment