Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015 "Fall is in the air!"

                                                   Area: Anoka Minnesota 
Companion: Sister Macey Jolley
Hometown: Alpine, Utah
"Fall is in the air...get out the warm gear!"
Snail Mail:                                         
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

Email: ashlee.young@myldsmail.net

Hey Everyone!
    First of all, some bittersweet news is that Gladys and Yammah didn't get baptized on Saturday. They chose to wait because they have family who are LDS in Africa that are moving to Minnesota on October 30, and so they want to wait for them to be there to support them. We feel it is okay though, because Estella is turning 8 this week, and she wants to be baptized with her Mom and Sister! It was really sad to have to tell Yammah the news that she would have to wait until November 7 (Ammon's 8th Birthday) to be baptized with her family. She cried, which broke our hearts! Luckily we held it together until we got to the car. Then, not so much!  We are so happy that they are taking it seriously and want their family to be there to support them on their special day. We are just praying that we both stay here for transfers which are October 28.... So keep us in your prayers. But, the Lord knows what is best, so even if we both were transferred it will be okay.
   This week we had lunch with Muriel and she cooked some amazing wraps for us, then followed up with some fresh picked apples made into apple crisp :)  After we went with the Andover and Anoka Elders to do some service. We chose to rake leaves on a random street. It was really fun, but very windy so that made our job harder.
      We then went to Bette Rinke's house for her 92nd Birthday with Bishop Petersen! It was so fun, he was able to administer the sacrament to her, and the spirit was SO STRONG. I was a puddle of tears! To see someone show so much gratitude and respect for something so many take for granted was truly a heartwarming experience.  It made me grateful for the sacrament and the true meaning behind it. As we each go through our weeks we should always remember the sacrament; the promises we made with God and renewed with Him each and every week.

    We did the normal stuff this week as well. We had zone service on Friday which was fun. We went and helped clean up a farm. I fed the goats, the sheep and the cow.  I wasn't supposed to but they were looking at me, so I caved. We had a fireside with Elder Christensen (Presidency of the Seventy) and Elder Stacey (my personal favorite) where they both spoke! It was awesome! It was a YSA fireside, so they talked a lot about marriage and all that stuff.  It really was not applicable right now for us, but hey, it was still good! After, I was able to visit with Elder Stacey for a moment.  I asked Elder Stacey how Lake Nokomis was doing. He said good, but that they all miss me and talk about me still, so that made me feel really good! It was so fun to see him again! I will be excited when I can talk to all of them again :) We saw a lot of our peeps this week which is always fun! I am so grateful I have the opportunity to be serving "up north"!  I will forever cherish the time I have on my mission.
Love you all!
Sister Young
Ether 12:6 & 12:27

P.S. It finally got cold this week, but then it was nice today... I don't understand the weather ha-ha!
















No comments:

Post a Comment