Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2, 2015 “Happy Halloween from ‘Anoka the Halloween Capitol of the World!’ #13mos”


"Sister Mortensen & Sister Young, Happy Halloween!!"

















Area: Anoka Minnesota
Companion: Sister Kiersten Mortensen 
Hometown: Driggs, Idaho (By Yellowstone & Jackson Hole!)
Snail Mail:                                         
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission


5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715
"Yes"
"13 Months"



Email: ashlee.young@myldsmail.net

Happy Halloween from ‘Anoka the Halloween Capitol of the World!’ #13 mos”


Hey Everyone!
     This week was crazy! We visited so many people. We wanted Sister Jolley to be able to say goodbye.  It was sad to see her go because she is such a wonderful companion.  I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with her. Wednesday, was transfers. I picked up Sister Mortensen. She is super nice. She has been out just one transfer less than
me. She is from Driggs, Idaho.  (Yellowstone and Jackson Hole Area) Sister M.
is turning 24 tomorrow, November 3!  It is kind of fun to have a companion with curly hair.  You can see us coming from a mile away! We did the usual visits and appts. this week including ACBC, random raking and of course the Halloween festivities!
     Friday was the “Big Parade of Little People” which is basically all of the kids in elementary school parade down Main Street. Because it is the end of the month and we were all out of miles, both the Elders and us thought we could walk from the church to the parade. Let’s just say I will check the distance on the GPS before undertaking a walk like that again. After
a long, long walk we finally got there. Just in time to see the last elementary school children parade by. We were so ticked! We walked for so long and went so far. Then to get there, and not be able to see the whole parade was a huge disappointment. It’s all good though, it made for good memories. Saturday was a great day! I felt so lucky to be able to spend a happy Halloween from Anoka Minnesota, the “Halloween Capitol of the World!” Sister B. and Pat took us to the Parade! IT WAS HUGE but SOOOOOOO COLD!!!!!!! There were so many people! The parade lasted almost 3 hours! It was insane!!!! After we were so frozen we all needed to defrost ourselves. Sister B. bought us all pizza. It was really yummy. Oh, during the parade there was a cute little boy who we were trying to help get candy. He was so cute; it was fun! Sarah would love it here on Halloween! She will have
to come back with me sometime! We went to the Fossum’s home afterwards



and watched “The Best 2 Years” together as a District!  Man, that movie is 10x funnier as a missionary! Flip Elder! Hahaha!


      Remember, I was sick last week, but instead of getting better this week, I am worse. L  I sound like I smoke 10 packs a day... so that isn’t much fun.  Oh my! I bought a sweater at Target that says OCD “Obsessive Christmas Disorder!” Hahaha I had to buy it! I am totally wearing it today too! I am stoked for Christmas #Saviorsbirth #skypefamilia.
Cute Sister B. fed us yummy chicken noodle soup last night for dinner. It was so yummy!  I also hit my 13 month mark yesterday! What!?! So crazy! Thank you to all family and friends for all the love and support yall give to me! I truly appreciate it! Sorry I am still trying to write everyone individually back but, the mission life in Minnesota is a little hectic! Thanks for your patience!
     Oh, and a HUGE SHOUT OUT TO AMMON for his 8th Birthday this SATURDAY! I LOVE YOU BUDDY!!!!
Love you to the Moonisota and Back!
Sister Aunt Ashlee Young
2Nephi 31:20

















No comments:

Post a Comment