Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4, 2015 “Catching up, Transfers on the 5th & ….Anoka here I come!”


Companion: Sister Kaila Coleman
Love Christy and Sister Coleman!!
Hometown: Washington
Snail Mail:                                         
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

HEY YA'LL! 
So sorry I have been so bad at writing the past few weeks, I hope this makes up for it.....

Monday, June 15, 2015: 
      Today we had a great District p-day at the Hicken’s. We played a bit of lax which was awesome and we played a lot of volleyball! It was really fun! Sister Hunt was there as well so I enjoyed spending some time with her. After p-day we went to a less active woman's house who the Elders had just found tracting. We went over to have them listen as we taught a lesson so that Sister Coleman could pass it off.  We walked into her house and it was soooo cute! Seriously, it looked like she was a post on Pinterest! Anyways, we had a great lesson on feeling and recognizing the Spirit. Her friend who is not a member was there as well! I love it when we are in a lesson and the Spirit is so tangible! 

Tuesday, June 16, 2015:
      Today I had another doctor appointment for my hives, which haven't gone away. We didn't get a lot of information, so Elder Graff is going to get me in to see another Doctor. We had dinner with Sister Wetzel and Brother Campbell again tonight. They are awesome! We then took Sister Wetzel out teaching with us afterwards. We went to a referral we had received from the Elders. She was Somalian and didn't speak very much English. Her daughters let us in and translated for us. It turns out Sister Wetzel knew her!!! They told us they would be out of town for 2 weeks but want us to come back when they return home. We then went to Desirae's house with the Elders to have a lesson. It was a pretty good lesson; I just need to keep them in my prayers.

Thursday, June 18, 2015: 

Today we had Bishop's Meeting. Bishop Chrysler is seriously the coolest guy! We had dinner with the Clements family again.  I really enjoy going over to their house. We had a great discussion about the importance of trusting Heavenly Father. We also were “hit on” down town by multiple scary looking guys.... Let's just say that we had a feeling that we needed to get to our destinations quickly!  LOL

Friday, June 19, 2015:
"My District!"
      Today we went to FMSC as a zone! After, we went to lunch at B-Dubs... Elder Morgan, Crapo, and Henrie all did the Blazin' Challenge! I seriously can't get over how dang hot those wings are!  Good news is that all 3 of them finished!  After the challenge, they sat down in their Blazin' Challenge Survivors tee shirts with 3 big glasses of milk in front of them! Hahaha….. it was so funny! They looked like little kids sitting there sipping their milk! After lunch we met Elder Fuller and Elder Hughes to have a lesson with Geschua at Powderhorn Park. We had a great lesson. We were happy we got him to really open up to us and share with us how he was feeling! We then were invited to dinner with the Elders at Tim and Brittany's house! It was so fun to go see them again! I really miss teaching them, but I know that Heavenly Father gave the Elders something to share with them, that would help them progress. Earlier in the day Sister Coleman and I weren't getting along very well. The Elders asked me if I was okay and I said I was fine, which I was. (I was just kind of done for the day)  Elder Fuller bless his heart, was trying so hard to cheer me up! It made my day end on a good note:) 

Saturday, June 20, 2015:
"Delicious Apple Cobbler, mom sent!!!"
       Today we went and saw some “potentials” in Meadowbrook. Not a ton of luck unfortunately, but that's okay! We went and saw Mykea with the Elders so that Elder Fuller could say goodbye to her before he leaves next week. She is so sweet; she sang all of us some songs she has been practicing! After that we went to the Children's Hospital to see a member whose baby girl is in the heart unit.  The hospital is really nice, but my heart broke when I went in and saw all of the little teeny tiny babies hooked up to monitors and looking so sick. We went to Culvers before we went home and grabbed some shakes! I had a chocolate-peanut butter-banana! It was so good! We got a call from one of our member’s sons saying that his mother had left the night before and that she still wasn't back. Long story short, no one knew where she was.  We told him that if he needed food or anything we could help him. We then had to let the Bishop know what was going on so that he could take over the situation. Did I say how much I admire and like Bishop Chrysler?!

Sunday, June 21, 2015: (FATHER'S DAY) Happy Father’s Day Dad! I love you!!

Monday, June 29, 2015:
      Today has been 1 year since I lost my sweet puppy Maggie. It was so sad when she passed away. She was the best dog any one could ever ask for. I am so grateful to have had her for so long!



Wednesday, July 1, 2015: HuMp DaY! 🐪WOOT, WOOT!!!! Everyone sent me TONS of emails!! THANK YOU!!!

Saturday, July 4, 2015:USA God Bless the USA!!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015:  
        Today we went to the Minnesota Twins game! We had the Minnetonka Sisters ride with us, since the stadium is in our area. We couldn't find parking anywhere! We were getting so frustrated! We said a prayer and I pulled up to a place for $25 parking! Heavenly Father answers all of our
prayers when we have faith! President bought all the missionaries within an hour away of the field tickets! The Twins played the Baltimore's Orioles....and guess what; the Twins won! It was really cool to be at Target Field stadium. It was so big! The Twins were also promoting #votedozier for the American League All Stars, so that was cool. They had 2 home runs in a row and the stadium went crazy! It was so funny to see all of us missionaries in a section...especially the Elders with their white shirts and ties! I am pretty sure you could see all of us a mile away! I think everyone got sunburned... luckily it turned into a tan for me:) It was super fun to see some of my MTC buddies, Elder Lowe & Oliver! Elder Ford was also there even though he is out of our area; since he was on exchanges with the AP's! After the game we talked about how Aunt Sue knows his Aunt and they both emailed us! Funny how small the world is! We took a pic together to send to our Aunties! After the game we took a ton of fun pictures! When we got home we went to the Clements for dinner! They recently moved into the ward. We had dinner with them a couple of weeks ago. They just moved here from Colorado. They have a 1 year old baby girl named Taryn. It is so fun because she really likes us! After that we set some goals in the car while driving. We saw Jenna sitting outside and went to talk to her. It turns out that Elder Roberts and Chao, were coming over to bless her home! They all asked if we would like to join them. It was a really cool experience.  The member who came with the Elders is going on a mission soon to SLC.  It was his first time “blessing a home” so that was really cool! Afterwards, I had a really good conversation with the Zone Leaders about goal setting. As I am now half way, I have done a lot of pondering about the things I have accomplished thus far on my mission and things I want to accomplish before I go home. I hope and pray I can be one with my Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ's plan for me and the work He has for me to do here.


Saturday, AUGUST 1, 2015, 10 MONTHS!!!!!!

Sunday, August 2, 2015:
        Today, was fast and testimony meeting. The Murray's blessed their cute new baby Dotty. Then after the sacrament was administered, my heart did that whole pound out of your chest because you are feeling the Spirit so strongly, so I hopped up on the stand to bear my testimony. It was hard, knowing I could possibly be leaving all these wonderful people that I have grown so close to and have made my family. Lake Nokomis has honestly been the best Ward. Elder Hughes hopped up on the stand as well, since it is was his last Sunday as an Elder. I went first and bawled like a baby...it was kind of embarrassing...I felt like Mom and Aunt Sue when they bear their testimonies! Which isn’t a bad thing :)? We went to Luciane's after church and ate some food; I couldn't stay focused on anything because I was so dang nervous about transfers.... We will have to see how that goes in the morning. 

Monday, August 3, 2015:
      Today I felt like my world crashed and burned when I saw the transfer email. After 8 months, I am leaving my beloved Lake Nokomis. I will be moving to Anoka to finish the second half of Sister Jolley's training. I am sad to be leaving Sister Coleman. We have gotten so close to each other; I know we will be friends forever. It will be so hard to leave the family that I have made here in this area, but I know that God has a plan in store for me. I just wish I had a say in what that plan was, but I know that is not how it works ;) Sooo, I spent most of the morning in tears. Sister Coleman was beside herself because she didn't know what to do with me lol! She called our Dad (Elder Hughes) to calm me down. He always knows what to say. He is very in tune with the Spirit. I am going to miss him when he goes back to "Sweet Home Alabama" on Wednesday. After I pulled myself together we met Elder Hughes and his dad, Mark at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch! It was so funny to have his dad calling him Jordan! We were so flattered that he wanted to introduce us to his dad! It was so much fun to hear their thick southern drawl! I started sounding a bit southern myself! Lol! Elder Hughes asked us to teach him how to ask girls out on dates again ha-ha, so naturally as missionaries we did a role play where he asked "Ashlee" out. It was so dang funny! He will do great when he gets home! We then went to Christy's house to celebrate Elder Magoffin's Birthday! It was fun to see everyone and to be able to say "see ya later" to my dear friend Christy. She got me a “One Direction” shirt at the concert! She is seriously so sweet! Her birthday is August 17, so we gave her a framed picture of the Savior for her early birthday! Then she was teasing me and Elder Magoffin, saying that we would be a cute couple! I was turning so red! She said you two just remember who set this whole thing up! Ha-ha we just rolled with it! We then went to Luciane's with Elder Hughes and Mark. I am going to miss them so much! After we went and said goodbye to "Mom”, "Auntie", Debbie and Luis! Then we met Elder Hughes at the church to give me a blessing. It helped me so much. I felt so much better about starting in a new area. I am seriously going to miss that kid. He told us at Luciane's that he knows that he was transferred here to Lake Nokomis his “last two” transfers to help Sister Coleman and I. I know we will all be friends forever! Then he said "fine, come here" and he let us HUG him!!! We were so happy! It has been a really long time since I have hugged a guy! His dad was laughing so hard at us because it was so funny seeing his son hug his "daughters" We then got home and it hit Sis. Coleman that changes are happening. So I called “Dad” to calm her down. It worked. I am going to miss them! Well, my eyes are so tired, too much crying for one day! Love ya!

I love you to the “Moonisota” and back! 
Sister Ashlee Young




















No comments:

Post a Comment