Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015 "Zone Training????? -The Rest of the Story!"

Companion: Sister Hunt

Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
Snail Mail:                                
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

June 8, 2015 
Hey ya'll!

Monday, June 1, 2015:
Today we had zone p-day and went to Minnehaha falls for my 3rd time! It was super fun to see it all thawed out and green!  I felt like I was in the jungle somewhere!  We played some games and after we had a costume competition. I am pretty sure Sister Coleman and I won! We went and bought some shirts from the Sandlot that said "YOU'RE KILLIN' ME SMALLS!" Ha, ha, ha…. it was pretty funny! Sister Coleman and I had an ECI (Emergency Companion Inventory) where we talked and cleaned our apartment really well! It made us feel a lot
better! Sometimes you just need to have a human moment on a mission! I also hit my 8 month mark today!?! How the flip did that happen? So crazy!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015:
"You're Killin me Smalls!"
Happy Birthday to my dear Sister Hunt! This morning we went to Mykea's house and cooked breakfast with her. Then we had a little lesson on being happy and seeing the Light of Christ in all things! We had to go to the mission office today where I was able to pick up my package! Thanks Mom! We had dinner at Sister Wetzel's house which was fun. She went out teaching with us after. We went and saw Sister Hill. We sang her songs and took her a treat from Mickey D's. We had an awesome lesson where the Spirit was so strong!  So when we got home we got a call from the ZL's Elder Fuller and Hughes.  They were like; “Sister Young, we have a question for you. We have Zone training next week and we have been praying about it and your name keeps coming to us. Would you do a 30 minute training on
applying the atonement to our IPads?”  I was like funny guys! You got me! They then acted super serious and said; “Sister Young, we aren't kidding, we really have been praying about this will you please help us out?”
 Sorry, we have got to go. Stay tuned next week to see what happens with the training. I will finish next week.... 
THE REST OF THE STORY!!
I was like fine I'll do it, I felt bad so I complied. As I was
flipping out in my head, they busted up laughing! They were like gotcha! I was ticked, for heaven’s sakes…… applying the atonement to IPads?! LOL, they really got me good!


Wednesday, June 3, 2015:
Today we did some service. We got a call from a member who had an emergency where they had to call the police. We had to talk to the members to keep them calm so they didn't
hurt someone. It was pretty intense. After that, we went to the doctor
for my stupid hives! My doctor is an old German lady. At the office they kept calling me Ashlee. It was really weird. haha! She was really confused with the whole companion thing, and was like "I have twins and we used to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD
that I found at a garage sale.  There was a song we used to march around our living room singing. She said; “it is patriotic!" So, Sister Coleman   and I start throwing out names of patriotic hymns....no luck. After 10 minutes we figured out it was Battle Hymn of the Republic! She got so excited and told us to sing it! Then she began singing and marching in her office! It was so dang funny! After that we went to dinner with Christy and had a great chat at Don Pablo's. It's kind of like Su Casa. Christy is so nice to take us out to eat and see how we are doing! Thanks girl!

Thursday, June 4, 2015:
Today we had district meeting! Sister Jenkins gave a great training that really helped me out. She related missionary work to surfing. I felt spiritually fed after that. After
District meeting we went and got my blood work done for the allergist. That was not very much fun. They took quite a few little bottles of my blood. It was nasty….. but cool enough that I had to watch. Sister Coleman was grossed out ha, ha! Later we went to a member’s home for dinner. It was really yummy. Their little 2 year old daughter was being potty trained. Let's just say she was so proud of herself that she came and showed us at dinner lol! After dinner, Elder Fuller called and asked us to come help move a member into the ward. The Elders were on exchanges so Elder Ellis was his comp.  He came out the same time as
Sis. Coleman. ( so he is still green) Nice kid though.  Elder Fuller somehow found out about his and Elder Fords nickname here in Lake Nokomis.... "GQ x 2" hahahahaha!!!!! He was like;  “Sis. Young…..so GQ x 2?!?  What is that?!? Ha, ha I just busted up laughing and told him how it came about and he was like "Sister Young if it was anyone but you I would be worried, but you can get away with it! "Ha, ha oh man, I'm going to miss that guy when he goes home!


Friday, June 5, 2015:
Today we went to Sister Dorothy Hills with the Elders to help her clean her apartment and move some furniture around.  It was a lot of work but it was fun! Ha,ha oh my.  Elder Fuller tried on a pair of her silver sparkly shoes with a matching purse.  LOL! We took pics, it was great!!! The Elders had to leave early but sweet Sister Hill made us fried chicken and corn. It was so sweet of her. Later on we had an awesome miracle at Little Caesar’s. For some reason I had a prompting to go get pizza. I was like uhhh okay. Sister Coleman was like alright, let's go. So we walk in and order our pizza and this guy comes in.  Then he shocked us by saying; "are y'all, those people who go to your door on Sunday's?" We said yes! We started doing our missionary thing.  He was like ohh……. grabbed his pizza and ran not walked, but ran out the door! haha! I swear I didn't look that bad! ;) So, the manager comes out and was like what's your name?  I told him Sister Young and he was like no, what's your real name? So I told him again that I am Sister Young. He, then said, no Ashlee! I was taken back by the use of my first name.  He could tell that I was really uncomfortable so he told me that the credit card name gets printed on our order. Then he said that he has a Book of Mormon on his nightstand and he reads it every day! He then continued to say that he has been to the LDS church in Brooklyn Park and how beautiful it was. We told him we would love to meet with him.  We exchanged info and he said he would call us! Then we realized we were so taken back and then excited, that we didn't catch his name. So I asked and he said "its Brother Rafael to you!" We were so thrilled after! Then we went to the church to eat dinner. Following that we watched sweet Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral. He was such a wonderful representative of the Savior.

Saturday, June 6, 2015: We went and did service with the Elders at the
same house as last week. We had a nice lesson with them afterwards. We
went to Mom, Dennie’s and Luis's for a lesson and dinner.

Sunday, June 7, 2015:
Church was awesome, today! Unfortunately we didn't have any investigators to church which is always really sad as a missionary. But, I was so grateful to be able to hear people's testimonies and to partake of the sacrament to renew my covenants with my Father in Heaven. We had dinner at our ward mission leader’s home. It was so nice. Later, we knocked quite a few doors without much success. But, that's okay because we planted a lot of seeds:)

Love ya!


Sister Ashlee Young
https://bay181.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment