Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015 " iPADS!"

Companion: Sister Coleman
Hometown: Washington
Snail Mail:                                         
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
5931 West 96th Street
Bloomington, MN  55438-1715

https://bay181.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif
Hey! 
      Sorry about the lack of an email last week from me. But it's okay because I have repented and finished my email:) This week has been super awesome. I guess you should all know that the MMM got iPads!!!! So, I can see my emails everyday but I can't reply until Monday.  It is okay to  send me Pics of those cute monkeys during the day though……Who knows?  I could get a door slam, then have a cute picture pop up  to brighten my day:) 

Monday, June 8, 2015:
Today we decided to cook dinner for the Elders. We spent all day cooking and preparing dinner for them since Elder Fuller goes home on the 24th. We cooked steaks, chicken, Rosemary potatoes, fruit salad, salad, brownies and ice cream! It turned out pretty good! We actually fed 7 elders! They just started popping up! So we prepared everything we could in advance and headed to the Elders apartment. Don't worry, we didn't break any rules. They live in a really, really nice place with a community
kitchen and BBQ. It was so nice! Elder Fuller grilled the meat and it was really good. The Elders seemed pretty happy. Oh my, I felt like Sis. Coleman and I worked on it all day!  It was quite the production. We had fun dancing around our kitchen listening to music and cooking! After dinner we had an appointment to go see a less active woman with the Elders. Sister Coleman was supposed to lead out and she had prepared an awesome lesson on the quote by C.S. Lewis "

“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”

" it was really an awesome message but the lady was super anti-social. She didn't want to talk so we basically prayed with her and left. Sister Coleman was kinda bummed afterwards because it was her first experience with a person that really shut down on us so to say. After the lesson we had a good chat with each other.  I tried to help her with some early missionary problems that were occurring. She is a great Sister! It never ceases to amaze me how Heavenly Father puts certain people in our paths at a certain time.

Tuesday June 9, 2015:
 Sister Coleman and I both had a prompting to call the Elders and explain how we felt after the lesson yesterday. They said; “let's go to Chipotle for lunch and we can talk about it then.”  It is so sunny today it felt fabulous! We talked to a cute lady in line with a little girl and we talked about how they just got back from a Disney cruise! I was so jealous! The Elders basically taught us a lesson on the Spirit and about missions in general. They are both really far into their missions so they get it. We knocked some doors today too, without much luck, but that is okay. 

Wednesday, June 10, 2015:
HaPpY 10th BiRtHdAy BrOoKlYn! I can't believe she is already 10! I sent a package home with birthday stuff in it so mom you'll have to open the box. We messed up and missed our alarm this morning and slept in! We felt so bad! Thank goodness for repentance!   Sister Coleman asked the Elders for a blessing this morning.  It was awesome. Then Elder Hughes gave her a blessing Elder Fuller was like; “ Sister Young, do you need a blessing?”  He was in tune with the Spirit because I was  so stressed out. I said yes and asked if Elder Fuller would give me the blessing. He blessed me with just what I needed! We then met up with the STL's and Sister Jenkins came to our area for exchanges. We went and saw Sister Hughes and had a nice lesson with her. Afterwards we went to
 
the Purcell's for dinner (aka the people that go do service at the cemetery) She wants to see a pic of the Brigham Young couch so can you email me a pic? After we went to Mykea's and had a lesson on being happy. We then knocked some doors got a few "I love Jesus...SLAM"  doors then went home to heart attack the lady across the hall. It was super fun!

Thursday, June 11, 2015:
We exchanged back, and went to Bishop's Meeting. Then we had dinner with a member that just moved here from Italy! The food was DELISH!!!!! So she is pregnant with a baby girl due in August . We were so excited to find out that  her husband isn't a member! We didn't know that till we got talking! Man, the Spirit was so strong when we talked about the gospel! It would be awesome to get him baptized!  It might be awhile though! We then went to see Christina at her work.  She couldn't talk but it was nice to at least let her know we miss her! 

Friday, June 12, 2015:
Today we had Zone Conference which was amazing! The “dying”* missionaries all bore their testimonies! I am going to miss them all so much when they leave! Then, we got IPAD'S! Yup you read it! Finally!!!!! I was so excited! It will be so great to further the Lord's work! We spent some time at McDonald's mooching off their wifi to set our iPads up! I felt so weird using technology! Ha,ha it's been a long time since I did that! 
*Missionaries who have finished their time and are heading home.

Saturday, June 13, 2015:
We did a lot of service today.

Sunday, June 14, 2015:
Today we went to church. Elder Fuller and Elder Hughes spoke in sacrament meeting! They did so good! Elder Hughes spoke on the Enabling Power of the Atonement and Elder Fuller spoke on Grace. I got copies of both of their talks so I could study them! I felt like it was meant just for me to hear! Oh, so when we woke up this morning there was  a note under our door from the lady
we heart attacked. She said she hadn't left her apartment last night and was speechless when she saw what we did to her this morning! The note said how happy it made her feel and how on earth did we know it was her birthday! Talk about listening to the Spirit! So cool! After church, while eating lunch we got a knock on our door and we were like what the heck who could that be? It was a girl who is a recent convert named Jenna and she goes to the Twin Cities YSA ward! She said she wanted to come and see us! It was so cool to have a lesson delivered right to us in our laps! She said she would come over and work out with us in the mornings too! How awesome!?! So we had another miracle tonight when we texted Eva to see if we could come see her.  She said yes! We went to her apartment and her brother Isaiah and his friend Treaia were there! We had an awesome discussion! They had a lot of questions about what we did as missionaries! We answered all of them and Treaia and Eva were totally agreeing with the standards of the church. Isaiah was a little more stubborn so we compared the law of chastity and word of wisdom to his daughter. That got him thinking ha….ha! Anyways that was such a cool miracle! They are all feeding us lunch Saturday and we are having a lesson Wednesday!

That's it for this week but I would like to say how grateful I am for this gospel. I am so grateful I decided to come serve a mission. It has been the best decision I have made in my entire life. I know that this is the Lord's work and he is at the head of it. 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week! 
Love you to the Moonisota and back!
Sister Ashlee Young













No comments:

Post a Comment