Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015 “Faith trust and pixie dust, oh wait the spirit….”

Area: Anoka Minnesota
"Sister Jolley & me"

Companion: Sister Macey Jolley
Hometown: Alpine, Utah 

Hi yall!!

Here’s my week:

Monday, September 14th, 2015:

P – Day! Today we went shopping. We found some good stuff on sale. We ate lunch at Costco! I haven't been in Costco forever! It was good to be back! We had pizza and berry smoothies! They were so good! Oh man! I almost forgot……we also had churros! They're the best! They taste like Disneyland in your mouth! We then went to see Peggy and her grand-daughter Natalie. We talked about prayer and the importance of having a good relationship with our Heavenly Father!!!

Tuesday, September, 15 2015:
"Fun in the Rain!"

We did “finding” all day long. It was really cool though because we stopped by a potential named Selena. We knocked, and she opened her door and was like “I believe in Jesus, but I don't want religion. I am happy where I am”. The Spirit took over the conversation and somehow we struck a chord or something, because she let us come in her home! She then continued to talk about Christ and then…… she spilled her entire life story to us. She has been through a lot of trials in her life. You could see in her eyes that she has been hurt, but that through Christ she is able to be here still. I could also see that she began to trust us. We said a prayer with her and the Spirit was so strong, she started crying. We talked about how that was the Spirit manifesting to her that what we were talking about was true! It was super cool to be able to see the Spirit soften her heart in front of our eyes!
"Elvie"

Later on we had an appointment with Yammah and Gladys. We invited Sister Villarreal to come joint teaching with us. We got to their house and they weren't there. We texted her  and she said she was coming, so we waited... and waited... and waited some more. After an hour we told Sister Villarreal we were so sorry they didn't show up, but, we really appreciated her coming to support us! Sister Jolley and I felt that we shouldn't leave, so we waited by ourselves. FINALLY, their car pulls up! 1-1/2 hours later than the appointment! We went inside and we were able to teach them the Word of Wisdom. We had taught it to Yammah before so it was more focused on Gladys. The spirit was so strong as we told them about how we don't partake of "C.A.T.T.S." We invited them to obey the word of wisdom and Gladys agreed! She said she would stop drinking wine and coffee! She said it wouldn't be too hard, and that she wanted to stop! It was amazing to see how she lit up when she committed to keep the W.O.W!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015:
Today was transfers. Sister Jolley and I were 1 of 2 sets in the whole Zone to stay together! She is awesome! She helps me come closer to the Savior and helps me be my best self! So while the Elders all went to transfers we went to ACBC,the food shelf we volunteer at every Wednesday. It was really boring without the Elders there to entertain us. But, that is okay because we had fun helping the people in the area!
"Sister Jolley & Ivy"
We then went to Bishops for a meeting and for dinner. Since Elder Johnston is training they weren't there. The new Elder’s flight didn't arrive until later. We were able to talk to the Andover Elders, Elder Oldroyd and his new companion Elder Dygert. The day before  Elder Dygert snapped his collar bone in half! We saw the x-rays and it was so gross!

We stopped by to visit an investigator named Vicki. She loves us! She always feeds us and calls us "little girls" in a really high pitched voice! She is darling. We talked about the second coming because she was telling us about the earthquake in Chile and Peru! I hope everyone is okay. I have been praying for the people there, especially the missionaries and their families! I am so grateful that we have the peace and the knowledge that no matter what happens in this life we can see our families after this life! Afterwards we stopped by at a part member family. We were able to help them around their house.

Thursday, September 17, 2015:

Today we had the opportunity to go visit Pat! We shared a quote from
"Sister Jolley"
President Eyring. It was wonderful to talk to her about how in life we are never alone. We then went over to Sister B's (across the hall) and Pat went on the porch to smoke. As she was smoking, I went out and sat by her. I asked if I could hold her pack of cigarettes. Sister Jolley looked at me and knew what I was going to do. I silently prayed over her cigarettes that she would no longer have the desire to smoke, and I knew that Sister Jolley was also praying for the same thing. I handed the pack to Pat and told her to smoke a cigarette. She started to feel sick after 2 puffs, so she put it out, and we told her what we just had prayed about. We talked about how God wants her to succeed in life. How she had so many blessings and such a huge potential going for her, but she would have to quit smoking. She was able to see that God's hand is in all things and he can perform miracles when we have faith and do our part. It was such a neat experience to have!

We went back inside and Sister B. had bought some Christmas decorations on sale. Naturally, I asked if I could put them up! She said sure! Sister Jolley rolled her eyes because I have been sneaking Christmas songs on in the car hahha! I was pretty excited!

We went home to eat dinner and walked in our garage and a the bottom of the stairs there was a MOUSE! I luckily hadn't walked down yet, but Sister Jolley had!  I haven't ever seen her move so fast!  We were flipping out! I then started running into things around the dark garage to go get Brother Fosvick to kill it! I banged on the door and he opened up and I was like "Help! There's a mouse!! Come get it!!!"


"Did someone say mouse!!"
 He then threw his shoes on and grabbed a fly swatter.... Ran down the stairs but the mouse had crawled under the rug to hide.  Bro. Fosvick just stomped on the rug vigorously, lifted it up and it’s little leg was twitching. Then he grabbed the thing by the tail and carried it up! EEEW!!!! I was freaking out! Now we are super paranoid about our basement and the garage. I live in fear.
We then went to teach Yammah and Gladys the law of chastity with Mazie Anderson. Long story short, Gladys told us to give Yammah the talk.... She asked how babies are made. What? Oh crap!  Sister Jolley looked at me panicked and so I had to explain it.... Awkward I didn't get into details, but it was pretty funny to see an 8 year old realize what she had asked. Her mom was laughing so hard! Thank goodness the Spirit was the teacher there. We also talked about tithing. Best of all, we set a baptismal date for October 10!!!! We are so thrilled!

Friday, September 18, 2015:

Today we had weekly planning! We got to have our first District Lunch with
"Elvie & Us"

Elder Johnston, Elder Coon, Elder Oldroyd and Elder Dygert!


Sunday September 20, 2015

 President’s fireside was tonight. We went and saw a bunch of people and took Yammah. It was great! We sat by Christy.  Oh, I’ve missed her so much. She gave me a bracelet she had received on her baptism day. I was so touched it meant the world to me. We then sang “The Family is of God” The spirit was so strong.

Love you to the Moonisota and back!!!!


Sister Ashlee Young

"More fun in the rain!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment